Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Rebirth

I had a blog. It followed me through the end of nursing school, adventures as a new nurse in the region's public hospital, and through a career shift to L&D. I chronicled my marriage and the birth of my 2 kids. I wrote a lot about work and nursing.

Then I got nervous. Despite not writing directly about specific patients, I drew a lot of my material from work. And work has issued increasingly specific edits about social networking and blogging. And even though I wasn't blogging under my own name, the photos of my boys were pretty recognizable, and I worried that if my blog was discovered, I could be fired EVEN if I hadn't broken any laws. And a blog is not worth my job.

So that blog has been retired. But, I kept thinking about things I wanted to write about. My mind needed an outlet to keep the insomnia I am starting again. No patient stories. No photos of my kiddos. Hopefully I can still come up with something worth writing about.

No comments:

Post a Comment